Saturday, October 18

Come on...what is going on in the city? I see no action on the blog?!! Does this mean that there is nothing going on in the city? That CANNOT be!

Even here in the suburbs stuff happens! I mean it's no brass band...but stuff happens!

For example, just last night...the husband and I ventured out to the movies. Why we went to a PG-13 rated movie at 7:30 on a Friday night, I will never know, but we decided that would not be happening again anytime in the foreseeable future. While visiting the women's room, I did however get to hear about who thinks who is hot! Was I that giggly and annoying at that age? I probably was...

Anyway, in a guilty pleasure way, SCHOOL of ROCK, "is pure delight!" I really enjoyed Jack Black's antics, and Joan Cusack's performance as the serious uptight headmistress.

OK, moving past that...
The real adventure began before we even saw the movie. The adventure was getting TO the theatre. I wanted to go to this particular theatre because I THOUGHT it was close to a restaurant that I wanted to hit up for it's offering of a particular Chips & Salsa duo. So we turn into this what turns out to be a massive and equally repulsive stip-mall scenario. We are talking numerous stop signs and round-abouts. After driving around for 15 minutes we finally stopped and asked for directions. It was even HE that asked for directions we were so desperately lost. Some valet parking guy gave us very good directions so we made our way through the massive lot and finally found the movie theatre. Yep, it was there on the right, past the Taco Bell. UGH! We always joked/criticized about how massive the parking lots were, and KNEW it was only a matter of time before we got lost in one. So there...finally!

So we bought our tickets and then got back in the car and drove to what I thought was a nearby place (my memory flubbed on me) and it was at least 10 minutes down the road at a DIFFERENT stip-mall. God, how stupid am I!? We finally find our way into this one, and maneuver around to the restaurant finally at 6:30 pm (an hour til showtime) only to be greeted by a packed parking lot and a crazy bunch of people WAITING outside to be seated? At 6:30? OK, NO THANK YOU!....driving on!

Back to the first mass of shops...

Anyway, we found a place to eat. Paid way to much, and then pushed our way past the group of teens to sit with the row of parental chaperones that laughed WAY to loud during the entire movie. The movie was only $7.50 each so we even splurged and got a box of candy... I even think the counter boy was flirted with me! Ahhh... now tell me this isn't the life!!!

OK, CityBrizzy, I know you are busy this weekend...but come MONDAY...YOU better be on the BLOG train! :)

My SS Today: 7 (I have recovered from all the parking lot dizziness, and am chalking it up to adventure, PLUS the sun is out, and I slept for a full 8+ hours.)






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home